Saturday, August 20, 2011

{Nanananana nananana}

Onomatopoeia!
Oh comic books... I like how they put the sounds in them so I made pendants! I made some quick sketches before I started making them:

Got to say, I had little patience this time with the clay. I wanted it to dry. Fast. This morning I finally found them dry. To make them you just have to follow this little steps:


  1. Draw a pointy speech cloud in a piece of cardboard and cut it out.
  2. Lay your stencil on top of a rolled piece of clay and using a roll, "print" your stencil on the clay.
  3. Using a cutter, cut out the remaining clay. Add a hook and let it dry (I'm using air dry clay. If you are using the bake type, read instructions for baking)
  4. Paint according to your onomatopoeia color preference.
  5. {OPTIONAL} Add a layer of glaze for protection.

At first I was worried about the color palette. I had to change the blue since it was too dark but I sort of like the way they turned out.



Materials:
  • Cardboard
  • Air Dry Clay
  • Wire
  • Acrylic Paint
  • Black Marker
Life Is Simple In The Moonlight by The Strokes

1 comment :